omapi subclasses redux

John Hascall john at iastate.edu
Sat Mar 26 17:03:55 UTC 2011

Recent posts got me to download and try the latest release again,
and still no joy:

> connect
obj: <null>
> new subclass
obj: subclass
> set name = "private"
obj: subclass
name = "private"
> set hashstring = "01:de:ad:c0:de:06:66"
obj: subclass
name = "private"
hashstring = "01:de:ad:c0:de:06:66"
> create
can't open object: connection reset by peer

(*SIGH*)

It seems to be trying because it drops this giant load on the
leases file:

subclass "private" "01:de:ad:c0:de:06:66" {
  dynamic;

        supersede server.ddns-hostname = concat (option fqdn.hostname,
                                                  option host-name);
        supersede server.ddns-domainname = config-option domain-name;
        supersede server.ddns-rev-domainname = "in-addr.arpa.";
        supersede server.omapi-port = 0b:92;
        supersede server.one-lease-per-client = 01;
        supersede server.client-updates = 02;
    [... several lines more of gunk like this ...]
        if option vendor-class-identifier = "SUNW.NewT.SUNW" {
          supersede server.vendor-option-space = "SunRay";
        }}

What's that all about?  All I wanted was the equivalent of having
done:

subclass "private" "01:de:ad:c0:de:06:66";

in the config file.

John
John Hascall, john at iastate.edu
Team Lead, NIADS (Network Infrastructure, Authentication & Directory Services)
IT Services, The Iowa State University of Science and Technology