Option 82 is missing from Secondry lease file incase of failover

neeraj jain neerajjain_iet at yahoo.com
Thu May 5 09:08:30 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I have configured the DHCP server in the redundant mode and my relay agent is inserting option 82 in the DHCP packet. This information is logged into the primary lease file as agent.circuit-id when IP is allocated to the the client.

During the lease file synchronization between primary and secondary, agent.circuit-id is not come in the secondary lease file. So If I send the lease query using OMAPI to the secondary server I don't see the agent.circuit-id returned fin the OMAPI UPDATE message.

Can somebody suggest that Why secondary is not having the option 82 information after lease file synchronization.

Thanks in advance,
Neeraj Jain