A Perl omshell Mystery

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Thu May 5 20:59:55 UTC 2011

Peter Rathlev writes:
> Long shot, but does it change anything to run the script with "LANG=C"?

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that and it ran exactly as
before. Here is an output. The script file used to make this
happen was identical to the script that created the host except
that I put remove instead of create in it.

Here is what the shell output looks like:

> > > obj: <null>
> obj: host
> obj: host
name = "testq.it.okstate.edu"
> obj: host
name = "testq.it.okstate.edu"
hardware-address = 00:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee
> obj: host
name = "testq.it.okstate.edu"
hardware-address = 00:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee
hardware-type = 1
> obj: host
name = "testq.it.okstate.edu"
hardware-address = 00:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee
hardware-type = 1
ip-address = 8b:4e:06:c3
> can't destroy object: not found
obj: host
name = "testq.it.okstate.edu"
hardware-address = 00:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee
hardware-type = 1
ip-address = 8b:4e:06:c3

	If I runomshell and were to just type in remove at the
point where all the other pieces of information had been
entered, it does the remove of the object with no problem.