the question about the dhcp relay deployment

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Sat May 7 11:28:03 UTC 2011

Usually not. The packets aren't routed directly through the box, they go
into the box to the relay process. The relay process then generates new
packets to the server.

Of course you can run the dhcp relay on a box with a single interface
too. It doesn't have to be the router for the network, it can be any
box, as long as it has a route to the dhcp server.

regards,
-glenn