DHCP Centralized

jeffrey j donovan donovan at beth.k12.pa.us
Tue Nov 1 12:29:10 UTC 2011

On Nov 1, 2011, at 8:24 AM, Eduardo Barreto wrote:

> I'm setting a Centralized DHCP, defining many vlan's to work within multiple virtual interfaces, does anyone knows, what kind of problem may I deal with it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> I appreciate your help, I'm taking you in advance.

I have a central dhcp server that hosts services for about 7 different vlans. I assigned Tagged vlans to the primary interface of my server. DHCP requests are very quick when broadcasting on the same vlan. I do have a few locations that must use DHCP/UDP helpers

the biggest job is managing your clients and who gets IP's and who doesn't. Also you should consider a secondary as a failover backup.
-j