client not seeing DHCPOFFER

Jim Pazarena dhcp at paz.bz
Fri Nov 18 02:46:31 UTC 2011

very recently I have seen several clients' routers
not able to see my dhcp servers' "DHCPOFFER".

Historically I know that some devices need a
broadcast response. This doesn't seem to help.

For one thing, these routers have seen the OFFER
previously, and this problem has only recently cropped
up. Plug a laptop into the same demark, and IT gets
the DHCPOFFER as expected; so I wouldn't suspect that
a firewall is blocking anything.

This has occurred randomly with el-cheapo dlink routers
and high end cisco routers. I can't see a rhyme or reason.

Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated.
signed .. pulling my hair out