Persistent DUID (DHCP Unique Identifier) for Server

Ted Lemon Ted.Lemon at nominum.com
Fri Nov 25 08:22:22 UTC 2011

On Nov 25, 2011, at 1:11 AM, Madhu Krishna Sandadi wrote:
It says that even if we remove the network interface that used to generate the DUID-LLT.
That means do we need to use the same DUID even if we replace the new network interface card that has new link layer address.

Is my above assumption is correct. Please correct me if anything wrong.

Correct.   The point of this is to avoid collisions, and to give the client a persistent identifier, so that transient hardware changes do not make it appear to be more than one client.