dhcp not matching subnet if not first address on interface

Steve Clark sclark at netwolves.com
Tue Sep 6 00:40:59 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am using dhcp-4.1.1-11.P1 on EL6. I am running dhcpd without specifying an interface
expecting dhcpd to match the interface based on the subnet defined in the dhcpd.conf file.
This works as expected unless I have multiple addresses on the interface and the
subnet that matches the dhcpd.conf file is not the first address listed on the interface.

Is this a known problem? Is there a work around?

Thanks,
--
Stephen Clark
*NetWolves*