Duplicated leases, same IP and same MAC

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Sep 21 20:57:35 UTC 2011

>  > > > The second lease entry had an "atsfp" entry added to it; which I
>>  >> seem to recall is related to failover.
>>
>>  >So if it's normal, and like in memory the DHCPd had 2 lease for the
>>  >same IP and MAC (tested via omshell), how can i use OMAPI/omshell to
>>  >get a lease in this condition?
>>
>>  Are you using failover ? If so, then first thing would be to upgrade.
>>  3.1.3 is very old and I think you'll find the release notes for later
>>  versions make mentions of bug fixes and improvements related to
>>  failover.
>>

>I just was able to found release notes to these versions on site
>(there are more?):
>DHCP 4.2
>DHCP 4.1-ESV-R3

My apologies, I had version amnesia - it's been a hard week and only
half way through :( I was thinking of the 3.0.x versions which are
now long since EOL and during which many failover related changes
were made. I would still suggest upgrading if you can and see if the
problem persists - 3.1.3 is EOL.

--
Simon Hobson