Duplicated leases, same IP and same MAC

carlos jorge carlosd2002 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 27 18:30:05 UTC 2011

Hi all,

In dhcpd.lease man page:

"...So if more than one
declaration appears for a given lease, the last one in the file is the
current one..."

If this is the case there shouldn't exists a "more than onde lease match the key" on a OMAPI request...right? or i m thinking wrong?If is the last one that counts..
Can anyone test this situation in a recent version?

I m not able the reproduce it in home, probably because there is not enough traffic..and can't upgrade the 3.1.3...

Thanks,
Carlos

> >  > > > The second lease entry had an "atsfp" entry added to it; which I
> >>  >> seem to recall is related to failover.
> >>
> >>  >So if it's normal, and like in memory the DHCPd had 2 lease for the
> >>  >same IP and MAC (tested via omshell), how can i use OMAPI/omshell to
> >>  >get a lease in this condition?
> >>
> >>  Are you using failover ? If so, then first thing would be to upgrade.
> >>  3.1.3 is very old and I think you'll find the release notes for later
> >>  versions make mentions of bug fixes and improvements related to
> >>  failover.
> >>

> >I just was able to found release notes to these versions on site
> >(there are more?):
> >DHCP 4.2
> >DHCP 4.1-ESV-R3
>
> My apologies, I had version amnesia - it's been a hard week and only
> half way through :( I was thinking of the 3.0.x versions which are
> now long since EOL and during which many failover related changes
> were made. I would still suggest upgrading if you can and see if the
> problem persists - 3.1.3 is EOL.
>
> --

about the:

Client lease records are recorded at most once every 15 seconds.
 This  keeps the client from filling the lease database disk quickly on
very small  lease times. [ISC-Bugs #19660]

In a V4.1.2 with no failover i dont had the problem, it could be 3 things (i think) less traffic, no failover, or due the bug fix mencioned, what is your guess?

What do you think?

Thanks!!