Upgrading server hardware on existing failover pair

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Tue Apr 3 00:45:35 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 05:24:29PM -0700, Sten Carlsen wrote:

> I seem to recall changes in protocol between some versions.

Sorry to jump into the thread :), but we're planning on upgrading a
failover pair from dhcpd 4.1.2 to 4.2.3 soon, and I've been trying to
determine if we can upgrade one half at a time, or if we have to upgrade
them both at the same time. Failover compatibility between versions
doesn't seem well documented, at least I haven't found any.

Can one half of a failover pair run 4.1 and other other 4.2 for a short
interval without breaking things horribly?

Thanks...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson at csupomona.edu
California State Polytechnic University  |  Pomona CA 91768