ISC DHCP query?

Gerald Vogt vogt at spamcop.net
Mon Apr 23 09:55:27 UTC 2012

On 23.04.12 09:13, ameen.shajahan at wipro.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>                 I want to know the below queries.
>
> 1.       ISC DHCP-4.2.3 allows to run DHCP server as  DHCPv4 or v6 at a
> single time. So client can able to get IPv4 or IPv6 address at a time
> not both.

You can ask as often as you want: Any instance of dhcpd is either v4 or
v6. Never both. You can run one dhcpd to serve IPv4 and one dhcpd to
serve IPv6.

Why would you want to assign only an IPv6 address but no IPv4?

> 2.       Is ISC will support this dual IP facility to clients in near
> future?

What would be the purpose of that? Doesn't make any sense to me.

> 3.       Is there any  draft available if they are implementing this
> dual support feature currently .

There is no draft.

Gerald