Can hosts get customized option value when they use DHCPINFORM messages?

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Aug 2 08:55:09 UTC 2012

Randall C Grimshaw wrote:

>the best solution I have found is to tell the server it is not
>authoritative for subnets affected by this

But bear in mind that this creates it's own problems.
I've seen situations where clients have failed to get an address
because of a non-authoritative server. Specifically these were
Windows system which simply carried on using their previously
assigned addresses because no DHCP server told them not to - hence
they failed to work when plugged into this network.

--
Simon Hobson