deny option to specific hosts

Benny Pedersen me at junc.org
Mon Aug 20 15:19:24 UTC 2012

Den 2012-08-20 16:06, mailsvb skrev:
> Actually it is... 10.10.0.1 is an interface on the same router as
> 192.168.254.1... and DNS is listening on 0.0.0.0

rule of good thumps is to not treverse ipranges when its not needed, so
keep same iprange in subnet to avould network trafic routes to make sure
its less ping times and minimal ping time

> Sometimes I need to take some of the options away from single devices
> (for testing purposes) and I thought there would be any easy way to
> do
> this... like "not option ntp-server;"

thats fair, but it have not being decleared as a seperate subnet

> It actually works the other way around... If a dhcp client is not
> asking for option XX you can make dhcpd to send it anyway, via
> "append
> dhcp-parameter-request-list XX;"

yes there is more then one option to workaround bad design, thanks for
posting my email address in body is not a dhcp option, sad