I am trying to set option routers to a domain name but it does not show up in the client leases file

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Aug 23 12:35:45 UTC 2012

You still need to obey basic networking rules, whether you use an ip or
hostname.

'option routers' sets the default gateway for the client, this needs to be
the address on the local subnet for the gateway. Perhaps the client is
smart enough to reject an invalid address?

Have you tried snooping the network traffic to see what is being sent from
the server?

As others have said 3.0 is really old, full of bugs (no disrespect
intended to the authors), so maybe it cannot cope with a hostname that
resolves to >1 ip address?

My dhcpd.conf contains a line similar to:

  option routers gw.example.com.au;

and that has worked fine for many years.

regards,
-glenn