dhcpv6 failover issue

Amit amit.kr at nic.in
Fri Aug 24 10:49:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am using dhcp 4.2.2 and trying to do the failover.

Primary server configuration:

failover peer "fo" {

        primary;

        address 10.1.128.18;

        port 519;

        peer address 10.1.128.232;

        peer port 520;

        max-response-delay 60;

        max-unacked-updates 10;

        mclt 360;

        split 128;

        load balance max seconds 2;

}

shared-network backup{

subnet6 2001:4408:5205:128::/64 {

        range6 2001:4408:5205:128::01 2001:4408:5205:128::FF;

}

failover peer "fo";

}

But when I start dhcpd, It shows following error:

[root at Server6 server]# ./dhcpd -6 -cf dhcpv6.conf eth0

Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server 4.2.4

Copyright 2004-2012 Internet Systems Consortium.

All rights reserved.

For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/

Wrote 0 deleted host decls to leases file.

Wrote 0 new dynamic host decls to leases file.

Wrote 0 leases to leases file.

Bound to *:547

Listening on Socket/5/eth0/backup

Sending on   Socket/5/eth0/backup

failover peer fo: I move from recover to startup

failover peer declaration with no referring pools.

In order to use failover, you MUST refer to your main failover declaration

in each pool declaration.   You MUST NOT use range declarations outside

of pool declarations.

When I configure Pool with range 6, It shows error as "range6 cannot be
used", since I am dealing with Ipv6 only address assignment. How can I use
failover in that case?

Also failover can be used without using shared-network?

--

Thanks & Regards

Amit Kumar

Scientific Officer

Operation and Routing Group

M/O Communication and IT, NIC A- Block, CGO Complex, New Delhi

Ph. 24305091