Exponential Lease Time

John Hascall john at iastate.edu
Fri Aug 31 12:31:24 UTC 2012

This seems like it might not be a too difficult mod.
If there is a "multiply-lease-time" statement that is
in scope and has a value > 1 then ignore the client's
requested lease time and compute:

  if (!active-lease) {
      lease-time = min-lease-time;
  } else {
      lease-time = min(max-lease-time,
                   max(min-lease-time,
		       active-lease-time * multiply-lease-time));
  }

Does this seem correct?

John

> I think this could be nothing more than a pool statement that would set the g
rowth rate. The min and max could be set using the min-lease-time and max-lease
-time statements.