No subject

Fri Feb 17 00:23:59 UTC 2012

The DHCP server reads two files on startup: a  configuration
     file,  and  a lease database.   If the -t flag is specified,
     the server will  simply  test  the  configuration  file  for
     correct  syntax, but will not attempt to perform any network
     operations.   This can be used to test the a new  configura-
     tion file automatically before installing it.

The -T flag can be used to test the lease database file in a
     similar way.

Dhcpd can be made to use  an  alternate  configuration  file
     with  the  -cf flag, or an alternate lease file with the -lf
     flag.   Because of the importance of using  the  same  lease
     database  at  all  times  when  running dhcpd in production,
     these options should be used only for testing lease files or
     database files in a non-production environment.

We just created a dhcpd.test script that runs the above command, and make it
a policy to ALWAYS run dhcpd.test before restarting DHCP after a change.

HTH,

Alex