No subject

Fri Feb 17 00:23:59 UTC 2012

A client MAY include an Option Request option in a Solicit, Request,
   Renew, Rebind, Confirm or Information-request message to inform the
   server about options the client wants the server to send to the
   client.  A server MAY include an Option Request option in a
   Reconfigure option to indicate which options the client should
   request from the server.

It is only a MAY, if we really wanted to force this shouldn't it have been a
MUST?

John

On 6/19/07 2:37 PM, "Ted Lemon" <Ted.Lemon at nominum.com> wrote:

> On Jun 18, 2007, at 8:20 AM, John Jason Brzozowski (CISSP, RHCT) wrote:
>> Just because a client does not request options does not absolutely
>> indicate
>> that the client does not know how to handle the same.
>
> That's the protocol, though.   In DHCPv4, it's not explicit how the
> ORO is handled, and as a consequence we have interoperability
> problems.   So we decided to make it explicit.   :')

John Jason Brzozowski (CISSP, RHCT)
Comcast Corporation
e) mailto:john_brzozowski at cable.comcast.com
m) 609-377-6594