No subject

Fri Feb 17 00:23:59 UTC 2012

DHCP FAILOVER
     If you wish
     to use the failover protocol, make sure that  both  failover
     peers are running the same version of the ISC DHCP server.

Upgrade that second one to 3.0.4!

regsrtds,
-glenn

>Subject: DHCPd Random Lease Times
>Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:09:50 +0100
>From: "Dermot Williams" <dermot.williams at irishbroadband.ie>
>
>Hi,
>

>We've come across an odd issue on our DHCP servers whereby one of the
>peers in a failover pair gives out addresses with seemingly random lease
>times. Both peers are configured with a default lease time of 7200
>seconds and a max lease time of 7200 seconds.
>

>The only thing that I can identify that might be the source of the
>problem is the fact that the server that's giving out these random lease
>times is running version 3.0.3 and the other server is running 3.0.4.
>

>Would anyone be able to shed any light on what might be causing this odd
>behaviour? Is it some weird interaction between the two versions of
>software? Or should we be looking elsewhere for answers?
>

>I'd appreciate any help that you guys might be able to give me.
>

>Dermot Williams
>
>Senior Network Engineer
>
>Irish Broadband Internet Services Ltd.
>

><DIV><FONT size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"
color="#CCCCCC">This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality
message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your
system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of
this message if you are not the intended recipient. Irish Broadband and any of
its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications
through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is
authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"
color="#CCCCCC"><i>Irish Broadband Internet Services Ltd, Registered in Ireland,
Number: 357181, Registered Office: Burton Court, Burton Hall Road, Sandyford
Industrial Estate, Dublin 18</i></FONT></DIV>