Static Leases do not work

"Küppers, Malte" M.Kueppers at douglas-informatik.de
Thu Feb 2 09:10:55 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I'm currently setting up a large DHCP Server in my company with about 10000 subnets. I managed to get everything working fine, but I want to set static addresses for some hosts (e.g. printers).
The problem I'm experiencing is, that I don't know how to make them static persistently. I used omshell to register a new host object from given MAC and set an IP but I'm not satisfied with that, because the addresses defined are given out
to dynamic clients again (A side effect of mixing static and dynamic range). Then I simply tried giving the lease the "reserved" state, which also worked fine, but the reserved lease does not appear in dhcpd.leases file after a while an so I guess it is not
persistently stored? Whats the difference between reserved and static ?
I just want a single IP range where leases can be dynamically made static and keep that IP... Any ideas?

Greetings Malte