How to configure dhclient to send option#82

David Ganor david at oliver-solutions.com
Tue Feb 7 09:15:33 UTC 2012

Couldn't have written it better :-)

Regards,
David Ganor

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Martinson [mailto:thomas.s.martinson at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2012 6:01 PM
To: david at oliver-solutions.com; Users of ISC DHCP
Subject: Re: How to configure dhclient to send option#82

Dave,

     I have been reading along and let me just state in my own words what I
think you are looking for to see if I understand.

     You would like to know how to configure some sort of endpoint that you
will create (specialized firewall/NID ect.) and this device will have a DHCP
client in it and you would like this device to be configured in such a way
that its DHCP client adds in Option 82 information. This would allow the use
of a DPoE "backend" in an EPON only environment.

Tom