Duplicated IP's

Sun Feb 12 15:21:53 UTC 2012

Dears,

                I am facing problems with my DHCP server to serve our WiMAX
customers (DHCP Version: dhcp-4.2.1-P1) as follows:

1-      sometimes the dhcpd service provide CPE with duplicated IP's
(Already assigned or reserved to other CPE), so the CPE connect for 1-2
seconds then disconnected then try again to connect and get the same
duplicated IP then disconnected. To solve this issue I have to add new pool
of IP's.

2-      Also sometime when I do MAC reservation then delete this reservation
the CPE try to connect with the same IP till I force it to get another IP
through another reservation.

                I don't know what's the problem and how to troubleshoot it,
I defined about 9000 IP's on the DHCP server. And we have about 4500
concurrent sessions so I have enough IP's

I have my own script to calculate the leased and free IP's and I used other
scripts and gave me the same results as follow:

                                Total available addresses: 9144

Active leases: 4864 (53.2%)

Expired leases: 2230 (24.4%)

Available addresses: 2050 (22.4%)