Duplicate lease problem reproduced (was Re: Duplicated leases, same IP and same MAC)

Jeff Waller jeffw at cnxntech.com
Mon Feb 20 18:56:09 UTC 2012

>From a message in Sept:

Hi all,

Today i was looking into the lease file and found something that i think that should not happen.
In the lease file i found 2 leases with the same IP and MAC, to one par IP MAC there should exist just one lease right?

lease 10.43.11.92 {
  starts 2 2011/09/20 14:57:21;
  ends 2 2011/09/20 22:57:21;
  tstp 3 2011/09/21 02:57:21;
  tsfp 2 2011/09/20 22:57:22;
  cltt 2 2011/09/20 14:57:21;
  binding state active;
  next binding state expired;
  hardware ethernet 00:40:ca:a4:3f:be;
  set ddns-txt = "0097558cd8aa1f47ff41f956ea212c89b8";
  set ddns-fwd-name = "00:40:ca:a4:3f:be.teste.t";
  client-hostname "T5413";
}

lease 10.43.11.92 {
  starts 2 2011/09/20 14:57:21;
  ends 2 2011/09/20 22:57:21;
  tstp 3 2011/09/21 02:57:21;
  tsfp 3 2011/09/21 02:57:21;
  atsfp 3 2011/09/21 02:57:21;
  cltt 2 2011/09/20 14:57:21;
  binding state active;
  next binding state expired;
  hardware ethernet 00:40:ca:a4:3f:be;
  set ddns-txt = "0097558cd8aa1f47ff41f956ea212c89b8";
  set ddns-fwd-name = "00:40:ca:a4:3f:be.teste.t";
  client-hostname "T5413";
}

After some minutes the file only had one.

i tested with omshell and i saw the error:
can't open object: more than one object matches key

Witch means that in memory structure in DHCPd there are more 2 leases

The version that i m running is  3.1.3, is this the normal behavior? or its a bug? it's corrected in newer versions?

Thanks,
Carlos Abrantes

It's been a long time to take this issue back up, but we are seeing exactly the same behavior.

The problem is: duplicate lease entries and OMAPI returning "more than one object matches key (error code 393222),

but this is DHCP  version 4.2.3

did some reading on the general subject and we do NOT currently have one-lease-per-client option set to true
(it's currently the default value of  false).

Here's an example:

lease 10.0.117.14 {
starts 1 2012/02/20 15:26:47;
ends 1 2012/02/20 21:26:47;