DHCP Failover and Performance

LONGREE Yves (SDV/PSE) yves.longree at belgacom.be
Wed Feb 22 08:53:21 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have also considered performances aspect in failover
Even on good servers, I was not able to go higher then 25 binding/sec (Discover-offer-request-ack for 100.000 clients)
I also observed that performance is going down as the leasefile grows

I tried to put leasefile in ramdisk or using some virtualization (running two instance of the process on same physical HW) but with few gain.

Any tips on how improving performances ?

regards
Yves