DHCPv6 Question

Brian Hamacher bhamacher at westianet.com
Mon Jan 9 21:52:47 UTC 2012

I have built ISC DHCP 4.2.3-P1 on Centos 6.2.  I am trying to use a
Windows 7 client to obtain an IP Address as well as DNS information from
the DHCPv6 server I setup.  I am currently unable to get my client to
ever respond with an Information-Request.  I can see the Solicit and
Advertise messages hit the server and with wire shark I can see that the
server is handing the client all of the information I have configured in
my dhcpd.conf file.  I have configured the M flag on my router to inform
the client to use the DHCPv6 server for it's informaiton.  Are there
additional steps that I need to take to get the client to accept the
information from the server?

Here is my dhcpd.conf.

default-lease-time 43200;
max-lease-time  86400;
log-facility local7;

dhcpv6-lease-file-name "/var/db/dhcpd.leases";

subnet6 2001:XXXX:a::/64 {
# anchor to core network
# Management Network
                # Range for Clients
                range6 2001:XXXX:a::1000 2001:XXXX:b::1500;

                # Additional Options
                option dhcp6.name-servers 2001:XXXX:c:d::1,
2001:XXXX:e:f::1;
                option dhcp6.domain-search "example.com";

}

Here is what I have configured on my router for this test network.

interface ve 2001
 port-name IPv6 Test Network
 ipv6 address 2001:XXXX:a::1/64
 ipv6 nd managed-config-flag
 ipv6 nd ra-interval 30
 ipv6 nd router-preference high

My DHCPv6 server IP Address is 2001:XXXX:a::2.

Any thoughts would be great.

Thank You