DHCPv6 and MAC Address inclusion

scott_stone at trendmicro.com scott_stone at trendmicro.com
Wed Jan 25 20:22:19 UTC 2012

well, the RH/CentOS way is to use libuuid to generate a completely random host-specific DUID at install-time.  As far as I can tell it is based in no way upon the MAC address.  One could make a kickstart %post script to rewrite it, of course, as RH stores it in a plaintext file in /etc/.

Scott Stone <scott_stone at trendmicro.com>
Manager, DCS-RD
Trend Micro, Inc. http://www.trendmicro.com