host-identifier and option 82

Michal Vančo mvanco at di-vision.sk
Fri Jan 27 07:33:01 UTC 2012

Hi Glen,

yes I know about stash-agent-options flag. And I also know what its purpose is.
Despite this fact, what happens when you restart DHCP server? What I know is, that no information about
static leases (static host entries) is written into lease file. Hence server will forget all stashed agent options
and the client will not be able to renew its address. This is what I probably see when my
logfile starts to fill with "unknown lease" messages after I restart server.

regards
-michal