host-identifier and option 82

Christian Kratzer ck-lists at cksoft.de
Sat Jan 28 22:50:19 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012, Ed Ravin wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 01:19:40PM +0100, Christian Kratzer wrote:
>> the hack to use a separate class and pool for each switchport is no
>> longer necessary sind isc dhcp has backported host-identifier from
>> dhcpv6. Sadly the web is full of howtos how to set this up with classes
>> and ranges.
>
> And even more sadly, the ISC documentation in of dhcp-4.2.3 doesn't seem
> to mention it.  For example, here's a clip from the dhcpd.conf man page,
> which I read through a dozen times while working on that project:

yes.  The only reference to this feature apart from the source code seems
to be a posting on this list.

   https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp-users/2009-November/010339.html

Sadly the feature was not included in the ldap patches.

I am currently reading the code to see if I can whip up a patch to
extend dynamic ldap searches to host-identifier.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck at cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2