Fwd: Query on Usage of ISC DHCP Server

Naresh Kumar panthangi72 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 19:35:51 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I’m using ISC DHCP server with my application for DHCP functionality

If in case there is a relay agent in between the DHCP server and the
client, and let say DHCP server and the DHCP client are in the same subnet
and the relay agent is in the different subnet, with what ip address will
the DHCP request from the relay agent  be identified  by the DHCP server?
Will  the request packet be identified with the clients ip or the relay
agent’s ip?

If request packet is identified by relay agent IP ( which is not in DHCP
server’s subnet and relay agent ip is not configured in pools),  Does ISC
DHCP Server process request and allocates IP address ?

 Could you please reply to the above questions ?

 Please let me know if you need more information

Thanks,

Naresh.