Yet another IPv6 Prefix Delegation question

Vladimir-M. Obelic vobelic at gbit6.net
Wed Jul 4 19:23:09 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm rather confused how to actually make dhclient use the IA_PD.
The wide-dhcp6c has a rather clear setup:
interface eth0 {
send ia-pd 0;
};
id-assoc pd 0 {
prefix-interface eth1 {
sla-id 1;
}
prefix-interface eth2 {
sla-id 2;
}
};

In this case eth0 is the interface connected to a delegating router,
and eth1&2 are downstream interfaces that actually make use of the
delegated prefix.
How am I supposed to do that with just 'dhclient -P eth0' here?
I'm aware only one interface can be used for PD for now, but how do I
specify which downstream interface gets the prefix?
I am able to get the prefix, but what is supposed to happen next?

I'm using dhcp/dhclient 4.2.3.

Regards,
Vladimir