Client classification based on device name. It is possible?

Алексей Прокопчук alexpro at homelan.lg.ua
Fri Jul 6 10:20:28 UTC 2012

Good time of the day and greetings.

My English is not very good, excuse me if I said something wrong.

I have DHCP server installed on machine with several network interfaces.
I trying to assign dynamic addresses to clients from several pools (each
in separate shared network). But when server receives requests from
clients, he assigns them addresses from first free pool instead of pool
corresponding the subnet of client's device. As I understand, I must use
classes for choosing correct pool. But I can't understand how to
describe class based on network device, which request came from. It is
possible at all?

Thanks for attention, with best regards, Alexey Prokopchuk.