Client classification based on device name. It is possible?

Алексей Прокопчук alexpro at homelan.lg.ua
Fri Jul 6 20:28:26 UTC 2012

06.07.2012 23:00, Simon Hobson пишет:
> Why your config doesn't work is that a shared-network statement tell
> the DHCP server that all addresses in all ranges defined in subnets in
> that shared network are to be considered equally valid for that shared
> subnet. Thus, as you have it, the server has been told that (for
> example) 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.66 are equal and can be allocated
> to any client in that shared subnet.
Hmmm. As far as I can remember, in 2002 I can't start dhcpd with several
shared networks. I was not supposed to take it as dogma, and I should
have check again, because so much time has passed. Sorry, this is really
my problem. I should have try it again before you ask such questions.
With regard to static address assignment, there is no problem. Main
problem is exactly with dynamic addresses for unknown MAC-addresses.

Thank you for a tip, I will certainly try to rewrite configuration with
multiple shared networks. And I think, in this case all must be work fine.