Filtering fixed MacAddresses to Ip assignments for PXE clients

Thibault Le Meur Thibault.LeMeur at supelec.fr
Wed Jul 11 12:45:35 UTC 2012

Hi,

My DHCP server is assigning fixed ip addresses based on MAC addresses of
my clients.
The dhcpd.conf file structure looks like:
subnet {
  group {
        host {
        host {

So far so good, but now, I'd like to have another DHCP server on the
same network assigning other Ip addresses when the DHCP request if from
a pxe client.

I thought that using a class to match those clients and then apply a
"deny members" on my first dhcpd server and "allow members" on my new
one, like this:

class "PXEclients" {
        match if ....
}

subnet {
 pool {
  deny members of "PXEclients";
  group {
        host {
        host {

Howerver  "allow" and "deny" only work on "pools", and a pool _must_
have a "range" (I do not have ranges since I assign fixed IPs).

Is there another way to deny affectation of fixed mac-ip adresses
defined in host{} to PXE clients ?

Thanks in advance for your tips,
Thibault