dhclient: requesting multiple IPv6 prefixes?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Jun 4 16:00:39 UTC 2012

On 06/01/2012 02:13 PM, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Is there any way to tell dhclient to request multiple IPv6 prefixes (one
> per downstream interface?)

To update my own query, my understanding of RFC 3633 is that in order to
do this, the requesting router is expected to send a separate IA_PD
option with a unique IAID for each prefix requested.  However, per the
documentation for IA_PD and IA_PREFIX they don't seem to be possible to
configure.

It would also be nice to be able to send an IA_PREFIX option requesting
a specific prefix length.

	-hpa