Log messages disappear

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Fri Jun 15 13:31:43 UTC 2012

On 15 Jun 2012, at 13:43, Glenn Satchell wrote:

> In your dhcpd chroot do you have the log device, /local/var/dhcpd/dev/log?
> And is rsyslog configured to listen on that socket as well as /dev/log?

	Not when I mailed.  In the magic moment which follows pressing "Send",
	that line of thought opened for me.  What you say reinforces the idea
	that I may be on the right track.  Thanks.

	I've created the socket, think I've found the relevant rsyslog
	configuration rule, and had lunch.  Now to try it out.

> You've jumped a lot of versions of dhcpd, syslog and the kernel, so it's
> not clear where the issue might be.

	It's surprising any of it works at all ... 8-)

> Do you use selinux at al?

	The short answer is, "No."
	I'll spare you the rant ... 8-)

	Thanks