man dhcp-eval

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Jun 21 12:13:16 UTC 2012

> On 20/06/12 09:01, Tom Schmitt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> how far can I trust the man-pages coming with dhcpd?
>>
>> For example, I use dhcpd with dynamic DNS-updates via TSIG for many
>> years now, but in the man page for dhcp-eval there stands:
>>
>> "Support for TSIG and DNSSEC is not yet available."
>>
>> If this was true once, it must be a long time ago and so I wonder if the
>> other information in the man-pages might be up to date?
> Apologies - it looks to be some old text that's been overlooked - we do
> update our man pages.  I've put in a bug ticket request (#29939) on your
> behalf to have this updated.
>
> Cathy

That whole section "REFERENCE: DYNAMIC DNS UPDATES" and "SECURITY" looks
like it should be removed as the up to date material is in dhcpd.conf(5).
Those sections look completely out of place compared to the other sections
in dhcp-eval(5).

The entries go back at least as far as 3.0.5 (oldest 3.x source I have),
but are not in 2.0.

regards,
-glenn