dhcp-users Digest, Vol 44, Issue 34

Beshir, Reissom reissom_beshir at mitel.com
Tue Jun 26 16:57:55 UTC 2012

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012,  Hok Hie Tjioe  wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> somebody have any advise how to define the DHCP option 125 (vivso) using the option space?
> I am using ISC DHCP server version 4.2.3-P2.
>
> Want I want to achieve is quite simple though:
> option 125 = enterprise-ID + one suboption
>
> From the manual section I can made the following structure, assuming that enterpise id of TEST = 12345
>
> option space TEST code width 1 length width 1 hash size 3;
> option TEST.suboption code 1 = string;
> option vendor.TEST code 12345 = encapsulate TEST;
>
> subnet 10.0.16.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
>   option routers 10.0.16.1;
>     range 10.0.16.10 10.0.16.254;
>     if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 5) = "test1" {
>       option TEST.suboption = "Here is the string of this option";
>     }
> }
>
> what I missed here is the link to the option 125 (vivso) in this case?

Option 125 is sent in response to option 124 that contains the
enterprise id you configured for.
Does the client provide option 124 in the DHCP message?

And you do not need the if statement for option 125.

If the client only sends option 60 then you want to use option 43.
In that case you want:

     if substring (option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 5) = "test1" {
       vendor-option-space TEST
       option TEST.suboption = "Here is the string of this option";
     }

> Any feedback is appreciated...
> TIA.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Reissom Beshir

--
This e-mail (including any attachments) is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and/or