Network Card going down after running dhclient

Mukund Deshpande sai.mukund.sagar at gmail.com
Fri May 4 07:24:53 UTC 2012

Hi Simon,

Yes, the network card works fine , if i configure it manually.

I renamed the file ifcfg-eth1 in network-scripts so that the interface
doesnt get automatically configured by network manager.

Will it be enough to disable network manager from bringing up the interface?

I am using Linux os version 2.6.7.21.

Thanks,
Mukund

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Simon Hobson <dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk>wrote:

> Mukund Deshpande wrote:
>
>  [root at Marvell1 dhcp-4.2.3]# /usr/sbin/dhclient -4 -d -sf
>> /sbin/dhclient-script eth1
>> Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client 4.2.3
>>

> OK, that says what client you are running, but gives us no clue what
> system you are running or what other networking configuration tools are in
> use.
>
> So what host OS/version are you running ?
> Have you disabled any host supplied network manager etc ?
> Does the network card work if you manually configure it ?
>
> --
> Simon Hobson
>
> Visit http://www.**magpiesnestpublishing.co.uk/<http://www.magpiesnestpublishing.co.uk/>for books by acclaimed
> author Gladys Hobson. Novels - poetry - short stories - ideal as
> Christmas stocking fillers. Some available as e-books.

Regards,
Mukund