DHCPv6 Option 18 (interface-id) relay problem

Christian Kratzer ck-lists at cksoft.de
Thu Nov 8 10:41:51 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Wed, 7 Nov 2012, Andreas Hanke wrote:

> Hello together,
>
> I am working on a problem with my ISC DCHP Version 4.2.4-P2 server for IPv6 since a lot of days.
> But I could not found a solution. So I hope someone could help me.
>
> - Situation:
> I have to discover the Host by an interface id to give him a fixed IP address.
> This interface id will inserted by an DSLAM which is connected to a lot of DSL Modems.
> The interface id is the identifier, on which physical port the DSL Modem is connected.
> I like to use the host definition into my dhcp.conf:
> example:
>
> host ws {
>        host-identifier option dhcp6.interface-id "Interface-ID: DSLAM01 eth 2/1/01/21"
>        fixed-address6 2001:db8:1:1::701;
> }

have you tried it out ? I would be interested in hearing the results.

A quick look at the dhcp6 code shows it does call find_host_by_option() to find a host.
This possible might do what you want but I am not 100% sure.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   ck at cksoft.de                  Wildberger Weg 24/2