Strange behaviour from dhcp server

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 18:44:15 UTC 2012

Tobias Szyndler wrote:

>Does anyone have an idea where we could check more to narrow down
>this problem?

You could start by posting your config file - dhcpd.conf

>Furthermore I wonder if there is a config setting in dhcpd.conf to
>force the dhcp to only give one IP per mac address. Sometimes we
>have the case that the same MAC seems to receive more than one IP.

It will do that if the client makes requests with different
Client-IDs. The Client-ID is the primary key in the database and the
MAC address is only used if no Client-ID is provided. So if the
client changes it's Client-ID, or changes between providing and not
providing one, then to the server is is a different client and will
get a different address.

--
Simon Hobson