cannot change ip address in pool (fixed question)

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 19:09:31 UTC 2012

perl-list wrote:
>>Yes, there are clients programmed by clueless f***wits who couldn't
>>be a***d to find out how a simple protocol is meant to work.
>
>Simon, are you having a bad day today?

Actually, better than normal. I just like to speak my mind - that's
why they keep me away from customers at work except when dealing with
strictly technical matters !

But what I wrote is a fairly accurate statement. If someone cannot
figure out that the DHCP protocol requires a device to stop using an
address once the lease runs out then they shouldn't be writing code
(or writing the spec) for anything.

--
Simon Hobson