Fwd: OpenBSD 5.1 / ISC DHCP Build Issue

paranoid sysadmin paranoid.schizophrenic.2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 13:07:44 UTC 2012

Now that I am in the office I could go look. We are both actually
correct. The default install for OpenBSD is still an ancient copy.
Furthermore, the ISC port as recently as 5.0 was dhcp 3.1.3. However
you are also correct. As of OpenBSD 5.1 the port was updated to a
4.2.3(.2 what every that is).

I will build a machine later today to test this out and get back to the group.

Thanks for the pointer!

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 1:20 AM, Kenneth R Westerback
<kwesterback at rogers.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 05:30:01PM -0500, paranoid sysadmin wrote:
>> The OpenBSD port is ancient. If I remember correctly it was orginally
>> started life as an ISC version 3.something. We got tired of trying to
>> use .conf options (classes, sub-classes, etc.) that just weren't in
>> the port. We have been building from the ISC source since the mid-2Ks.
>
> The OpenBSD port net/isc-dhcp is currently 4.2.4. I don't think this
> is ancient. The dhcp code in the base is indeed based on a much older
> version.
>
> .... Ken

paranoid sysadmin