issues with ipv6 and DUID

Ted Lemon Ted.Lemon at nominum.com
Mon Apr 1 20:36:19 UTC 2013

On Apr 1, 2013, at 3:03 PM, "Stafford, Paige L." <staffordp1 at ornl.gov> wrote:
> Please forgive my ignorance, but it is my understanding that most clients
> do not support this RECONFIGURE feature (RFC 3203 - DHCP reconfigure
> extension).  And if I am wrong, how does one trigger the server to send
> the RECONFIGURE?

TBH I haven't done any research on the degree to which clients support reconfigure, but have no reason to think that they don't.   RFC3203 is for DHCPv4, not DHCPv6.

I don't know how to trigger a reconfigure on the ISC server—you'd have to talk to the ISC folks about that.   On our server you'd do it over the command channel... :)