issues with ipv6 and DUID

Steven Carr sjcarr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 13:41:40 UTC 2013

On 5 April 2013 13:01, Ted Lemon <Ted.Lemon at nominum.com> wrote:

> That's not compliant with RFC3315.   That's not the criterion that's
> supposed to be used to decide whether or not the DUID-LL identifier is
> permissible.

I never claimed it was, I was simply replying on how you can tell the
client which type of address to use.

I guess the bigger question is why does the DUID-LLT keep changing, if I'm
to read RFC3315 correctly it states that DUID-LLT is generated once and
then written to non-volatile storage for future use. So does the client
have non-volatile storage? if so is dhclient writing the value to a
non-volatile location?