OMSHELL to create subclasses

Fleming, Tony t.fleming at tcu.edu
Mon Aug 5 16:03:25 UTC 2013

My apologies in advance if this has been discussed. I made a reasonable effort to search these forums for this information.

I have seen several references in ISC DHCP release notes stating subclasses are supported with OMAPI. However, I am unable to find any examples or documentation that discusses this process.
I would like to use OMSHELL to create subclass entries on my DHCP server. Has anyone successfully used OMAPI/OMSHELL to create subclass entries?
If so, would you be willing to share how this is done?

I am running RedHat ISC DHCP Server 4.1.1.-P1 and successfully using OMSHELL today to create host records.

Thank you.