DHCP Giving Out IP For Wrong Subnet

Алексей Прокопчук alexpro at homelan.lg.ua
Mon Dec 16 19:38:14 UTC 2013

16.12.2013 17:20, Asai пишет:
> Greetings,
>
> We've been running into this problem where we have the DHCP server
> giving out a wrong IP address for a device which is running on a
> different subnet.  These subnets are on VLANs.  For example, below are
> configured two shared networks:  The first, ADMIN-POOL, is on eth3.
> It is the physical interface.  Below that is the shared network
> GENERAL, which is on eth3.50 and is a virtual interface on eth3.
Hello.

My English is not very good, excuse me if I said something wrong.

I use 802.1Q VLANs on Linux and have no problems. But my master
interface have empty IP configuration, only up. So, dhcpd does not
listen on master interface, only on VLANs.

I wonder why dhcpd "sees" tagged packets on master interface. In my
oppinion, this should not be, dhcpd must drop tagged packets at all,
because these packets are processed by corresponding 8021.Q VLAN interface.

With best regards, Alexey Prokopchuk (AP8686-RIPE)