DHCP Across Wireless Bridge

Anthony Hoppe anthony.hoppe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 22:14:29 UTC 2013

Just wanted to confirm that setting the EnGenius WAP to "WDS Bridge" did
not work.  It also has a "WDS Client" mode, which I don't quite
understand.  In this mode, it claimed that it had associated with my
wireless network, but it and all devices behind it were unreachable.

I am still curious as to why Cisco's implementation of DHCP seems to
work in this setup.  I will do some dhcpdump-ing with the Cisco DHCP
server enabled, see how it looks compared to isc-dhcp-server, and report
back (I will reply to my response to Glenn).

~ Anthony