DHCPD will not work with windows clients. It seem that the client does not see the replies.

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Sat Feb 2 10:41:19 UTC 2013

Wow, that's really old, approx September 2000...

How about testing a client from that era such as Windows 98? That would
verify that the dhcp server and network is functioning correctly. The
packet captures might also be useful for comparison with new clients.

The underlying protocol may not have changed, but the defaults for various
operating systems have, and, for example, items such as 'always broadcast'
is not available as a switch.

Can you post your config, or at least the main parts?

regards,
-glenn