CPE with static IP address

Sztrepka Pál szpal at szarvas.hu
Tue Jan 15 13:40:51 UTC 2013

> following works with current isc dhcp-4.2 or later:
>
> host test1 {
>     host-identifier option agent.circuit-id "test1";
>     fixed-address 192.0.2.1;
> }
> host test2 {
>     host-identifier option agent.remote-id "test2";
>     fixed-address 192.0.2.2;
> }
> host test3 {
>     host-identifier option agent.subscriber-id "test3";
>     fixed-address 192.0.2.3;
> }

Hi Christian!

The problem was, that I used the 4.1-ESV-R7 version, and somewhere I
was read that 4.1 version of ISC DHCP
already support the 'host-identifier' option... ??
Today I install the latest version (4.2.5) and now the
'host-identifier' option is work, and I
can define new CPE host with this option!

( And find your patch, witch solve that I can use this option with
OMAPI also. )
I will try this shortly. Thanks.